Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Order of the Austere Challenger
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Order of the Austere Challenger

I am happy to announce the arrival of a new Order of Reciprocity. I give you the Order of the Austere Challenger!

This new order is not for the weak...is it...a challenge (to say the least). Before I get into all of the nitty gritty details let me give you the big picture. The idea is this: level a toon as though it was the only (and first) toon you had--but you're gonna do it while making it as difficult as possible. 

Here are the details:

In order to be inducted into this order you must level a toon at least to Level 60 under the following conditions:

• You can not equip items above common--they must be white or gray (yes, that means NO heirlooms)
  • You are not allowed to have talents or glyphs (although you may choose a spec)
  • You can not have any professions
  • You can not pet battle
  • You may not use any type of experience buffs other than rested experience (that means NO monk buff)
  • You may not use potions/food/flasks for buffs
  • You may not send your toon items or gold (that includes bags)
  • You may not use items that you have obtained from other characters (for example, the water strider mount)
  • You may not use the Chauffeured Mekgineer's Chopper until you reach level 20 (because that is when you would get riding) 
  • You can not just have a higher level geared person power level you

You are welcome to play with other people who are also on this challenge--as long as everyone is adhering to these rules

When you complete the challenge submit your "application" to this forum by posting:

1) Your character name, class and spec (along with what realm they are on).

2) A Picture of your achievement for the level you reached (the date completed should be visible)

3) A screen shot from the statistics tab of The Main Skills Tab (should display Skills, Secondary Skills)

4) A screen shot from the statistics tab of Your Main Deaths Tab 

Please Note: You can resubmit every 10 levels past 60 because you will be awarded the "next" rank within the order. Plus, there are some additional titles and awards you can win--see below for the details. 

Ranks with the Order of the Austere Challenger:

• Austere Challenger: Reach [Level 60]
  • Grand Master Austere Challenger: Reach [Level 70]
  • Illustrious Grand Master Austere Challenger: Reach [Level 80]
  • Zen Austere Challenger: Reach [Level 90]
  • Draenic Austere Challenger: Reach [Level 100]

Within each rank people with be ranked by the number of deaths they had. If you manage to obtain ZERO deaths you will be awarded the title "The Undying" within the Order of the Austere Challenger.

If you complete the challenge on a PvP server you will earn the title "The Brave"

*If you have suggestions for other awards/titles let me know*

Once we have people inducted into the order you will be able to view them in the Order of the Austere Challenger page

Here are a few clarifications from the questions I have received. 

You can make a monk, you just can NOT use the experience buff they can get.

You can use classes like hunters.

You may eat/drink so long as you don't get lasting buffs from them. 

Are you allowed to do dungeons via LFG? 

Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

yes you can, so long as you don't eat food or use buffs....might be hard to not get kicked out of a group though lol

re: First Aid?

I notice it lists that no professions are allowed. You said in game though that First Aid is acceptable?

Just posting here for clarification on the challenge parameters. :D

Yes, first aid is acceptable, since it is allowed in the original Iron man rules. 

With the removal of pvp servers, is there a title to replace The Brave for those seeking titles?

I know Warmode adds an xp buff and therefore wouldn't work out.

Space had mentioned before about doing it with the gear you start the character with. Perhaps that could be a title worthy challenge to go with The Undying title challenge? To recap on that; You start with 4 pieces of item lvl 1 armour and a weapon.

You know that is a good idea. We should revamp this to the current systems. I will revisit this over break.

Jump to: