Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 240 & 241

Welcome to the 240th and 241st edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first-unless you did-in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this two-week newsletter! Yes, I know, I had been doing so well posting newsletters every week...and I fell down on the job, BUT for good reason. As most of you know last week I barricaded myself in a hotel room to try and finish my prospectus (proposal for my dissertation research)...well it was worth it...I finished tidying up the references yesterday and hit send to my committee!! *dances around excitedly* WOOT! So, hopefully come fall semester I can defend that little bugger and be on my way to actually finishing grad school. And to all of you who have been around for the majority of this process and have kept me upbeat and pushing through thank you! To those who are knew to the process but have equally been awesome and uplifting....boy you don't know what you are in for LOL--but a giant thank you to you all as well. I am truly blessed to have such awesome guildies for support.

Now, in wow-related news, I did tell people I would post the link to the guide to get Meatball as a champion for your class hall. Which you can find in the comments here. But, it is pretty simple. You first need a pass to the brawler's guild, then you just need to compete in one brawl. After that you do a series of missions in your order hall (you may need to log off to get it to populate) and if the series ever stops showing up just do a new brawl. 

In other news, if you are at all into esports (which I have to say I used to think was silly and am now totally in love with) you should totally check this out...it is the Mythic Dungeon Invitational. It promises to be a show of awesome proportions. 

On to the rest of the newsletter...

Guildie of the Week

Week 240: Coroc

Week 241: Yuasunder

Coroc was nominated for driving ALL day and rushing to get home just in time to sit down and raid AND he stuck it out--on heroic! We love your dedication to our raid team and this guild Coroc. 

Yuasunder was nominated for being a total sport this past Tuesday during raid. Not only did he put a ton of effort into being reaady to raid this week (in just a few short days) but he twice sat out so that we could get bosses down because his lag was too bad. We really appreciate your understanding and flexibility. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

ZOMG you all!! How could none of you remember that it was Dancingbee's brilliance that said "Face it, we're a box of puppies!" It made me laugh so hard...and it is so so true *nods sagely*. Maybe you can remember who said this one just last week. 

"Coroc is my spirit animal"

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Week 240: Majesticwolf won 1600 gold

Week 241: Coroc won 1100 gold 

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here. 

August Mat Battle

July has come and gone which means it is a new month and a new mat battle! (We should have winners from July posted next week). 

Dancingbee is back in town so you can once again send all of your donations to her! YAY no more work for me *sigh of relief* I love Bee and all that she does.

The bonus items for this week are felslate and feasts and the items to make them.  

Raid News

WOOT WOOT! Since I failed at writing a newsletter last week I failed to announce to the guild at large that Kiljaeden is no more! HE is deader than a doornail, he is pushing up daisies, he is six feet under! Not only that, but we technically did it 3 more times  teehee. And when monks are around that Heroic Goroth goes smush...not sure why that matters, but it seems to make a difference, but it makes one heck of a difference. 

Make sure to be trying to store up your defiled augment runes! And run those LFRs for missing tier pieces if you can. 

Plus, don't forget to be running your mythic + dungeons for a chance at awesome loot in your chest every week. 

Reminders

~Galfin's phone autocorrects shenanigans to Shaman Iguanas~

~If you have a cat battle pet out and you sit down they will sit on your lap~

Jump to: