Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Guild Stalker, Week 325

Welcome to the 325th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first, unless you did--in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to the Patch 8.1.5 edition of the newsletter! That's right, that is the biggest and arguably most important news of the week. Today's extended maintenance will bring us the delicious new patch 8.1.5. If you're looking for the full on patch notes, you can find those here. There are also some undocumented changes, which you might (or might not) be interested in. Otherwise, I will do my best to highlight some of the exciting newness. Wowhead (as always) has provided a great 8.1.5 Survival Guide, check it out if you want to get some tips and summaries that are probably better than what I can provide here. Some of the things I know people will be interested in are: the return of the Brawler's Guild, Warlords Timewalking, Wintergrasp is now an Epic Battleground, more war campaign quests, new world quests and so much more. 

Since I know so many of you are major collectors, I will start with what I consider some of the most exciting (albeit defeating since I am still far behind) news: pets, mounts and more! Check out this post to learn about the new mounts, pets, and toys coming with today's patch. Additionally, today's patch is bringing the latest in the long line of raiding with leashes achievements: Raiding with Leashes VI: Pets of Pandaria

If you were feeling bored and tired with your profession--fear not there has been content added. Each profession (except gathering professions) have had a Tools of the Trade Quest line added to the game. These will provide you with some new patterns. 

The dreaded (and probably also hoped for) change to portals will also be live today: Portal Rooms! Good news, they have put all the portals into central locations. Bad news, they have removed several portals--making traveling to certain locations much more difficult. Luckily, wowhead has done a bunch of the work for you and has provided an updated traveling guide for you. 

There are also a few changes to dungeons. I don't want to write them all here, so I will just provide you a link. And, if you are interested in some secrets, here is a fun link to some secret stories found in BfA. 

If you are one of those people who is excited about Classic servers, there is some news for those as well--check it out

There is also currently a sale on Blizzard Character Services. Check it out if you are interested in spending some moolah! 

Guildie of the Week

Tinkertotte

Tink, aka Marisone was nominated this week for all her work to help supply flasks by providing lots of anchor weed. We deeply appreciate everything you do Marisone! 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

Not even a giggle over Cantique's wonderful threat? That's right it was our beloved Cantique who said "I'm gonna spank those druids so hard their feathers fall off!" Maybe you remember which healer described their job as...

"I just hit people with long ranged band-aids!"

Submit your guesses on the website, facebook, discord or an in-game mail to Rhodaria for a chance to win even more gold. 

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Guild Checkmark Challenge

Shadecaster won 1000 gold

Don't forget to submit your entries to Rho with an in-game mail. Don't wanna miss out on the gold you need for that brontosaurus mount! 

The GCG is one of our main sources of funds for the guild, which is made possible by all of you running guild dungeons and raids. you get one entry for every checkmark you complete, just be sure to send Rhodaria a mail to submit your entry. Learn more here

Looking for Others

This section of the newsletter is a wee tad overdue. There are a few things so far in this expansion that would be so  much easier with a guild group...so we are putting out the call to find others who would be interested in completing these tasks (and thereby making the whole thing easier with guild groups). 

Motherlode & Engineering Pattern: Motherlode drops the pattern (engineering) for the Mecha-Mogul Mk2 mount. We are looking for people (preferably engineers--but other helpers are totally welcome) who would be willing to help run as a group to get the pattern and then grind out the materials required as well. Let Rho know if you are interested.

Hivemind Mount: This is the multiperson mount (for those who help complete it) and it looks awesome. Sections of the questline require 5 people, so if we can get groups set up people will be much more able to get it completed. You know you want one!

If you are interested in either of these (or both) just let Rho know and we will try and set up some groups. 

Guild Bank

A reminder that while loads of different mats are still useful, what we are hurting on and in need of the most is: Anchor WeedBriny FleshThick Paleo SteaksSand Shifter, & Veiled Crystals. Bonus points towards the monthly Mat Battle will be given for supplying these items. 

Don't forget these donations should be sent to Oddbee!

Discord Changes: Channels & Roles

Just a reminder that there are new channels and roles to check out and sign up for. 

Raiding

YEE-HAW! We have finally bested the Blockade that was blocking our way in Normal. (And we got to spend some fun time working on a new boss in heroic--and made good progress). 

I have posted the rest of the raids for March (and changed this upcoming week as well). We are rearranging what we do on the various raid days--so be sure you check the calendar to know what you are signing up for.

So here is the tentative plan: Tuesday will be normal progression, so we will be working on the lockout from the previous week. Thursday will be fresh heroic. Saturday will be Heroic Progression, where we pick up on the lockout from the previous week. Lastly, Sunday will be a fresh normal.

Now, there is one other teensy bit of bait to get people to come to Sunday. We are going to allow up to 2 alts (you have to sign up on the alt and make sure to tell me the roll). Only 2 alts per Sunday raid because we want to keep the raid strong enough that we can still clear a number of bosses for gear. We will rotate who gets to bring alts, but remember that mains get loot priority over alts.

One last thing, the in-game calendar was (although maybe with the patch it is fixed) not letting people sign up as tentative. So, until it is fixed if you want to sign up as tentative just let me know and I can change your accepted sign-up to tentative. 

If you have questions let Rho know. Let's keep kicking some raid behind.  

Reminders

~Sign up for Raids!~

~Get your new roles in discord~

Jump to: