Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reciprocity Forum Index -> Rantings of the Guild Stalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodaria
Rhodaria
In-Game Guild Master

re: Rantings of the Raid Stalker, Week 334-336

Welcome to the 334th-336th edition of the Rantings of the Guild Stalker, your one stop spot to get all the juiciest tidbits. But if you hear it here, you probably didn't hear it first, unless you did--in which case I call Shaman Iguana!

Welcome to this week's newsletter! First and foremost welcome to our newest guildie: Liza! If you see her make sure to give her a warm Reciprocity welcome. 

As this newsletter was not the most timely, there are several updates and news items to include ... so bear with me.

First I want to say that I learned about the coolest thing for pet battling recently (sadly not really with enough time to share it with people; however, I promise that when the event comes around again I will try and make sure 1) that I notice and 2) I share it with everyone. Now, promise you won't laugh... the thing I am so excited to share with you is... SUPER SQUIRT! Hey now! I said NO laughing. So, yeah, Super Squirt is a thing apparently. So as most of you pet battlers know Squirt is one of the pet trainers who shows up in your Garrison and has long been called one of the faster ways to level pets. There is also the Pet Battle Weekend event, which gives pets extra experience as you level them through pet battles. And every so often (like the one before last Friday was in December) these two wonderful things happen at the same time = Super Squirt. So why do we care about Super Squirt? Well, with super squirt you can level a pet from Level 1 to Level 25 (max) in 2 pet battles... that is right 2! So yeah, totally a thing worth doing if you have pets you want to level (like say to work on the pet dungeons or family battler achievements). So, if you want to make sure you are prepared for the next Super Squirt day, make sure you have a level 3 garrison with a menagerie and the strategy I used includes 2 pets: Enchanted Broom and Boneshard (at level 25). If anyone has these but doesn't want to level new pets to 25 I would be happy to help and I imagine others in guild would be as well.  

Okay, on to more current in-game news. In case you don't follow the rotation of events, this week is Timewalking Week! Even better it is the FIRST Warlords of Draenor Timewalking event...so there are new goodies to get with timewalking badges (including 2 new mounts). Timewalking can also be a good way to get started gearing up (and the weekly quest gives your gear as well). Be sure to locomote through time. Additionally, this weekend sees the return of the Darkmoon Faire. If you have toons to level, rep to get or are looking to round out your collections be sure you take time to head over to the faire. 

If you're not sure whether you have the mounts and pets from the events this week, you can always check out the Mount or Pet Collection tools over on Wowhead. They have made a handful of improvements and it can be a helpful tool for those of us who want THEM ALL!

Next, most of you saw the Safe Haven cinematic that was released recently, but if you haven't you totally should. Also, there was a great breakdown of the cinematic for those of us who may have missed key plot points so far in the expansion. Check it out here

8.2 should be arriving in the next month (or so)...since all we know right now is "summer" but more fun details are being released all the time. Now, if you are a person who pays any amount of attention you are probably all in the know as all kinds of places have been posting all kinds of stuff...but not all of us (like me) pay attention to everything, so I wanted to just show people this gem I found the other day that I thought others here might be interested in: MOUNTS! That guide includes 30+ mounts coming in 8.2 and how to get them...start your planning now. 

Lastly, I just want to say a few things about Classic, since I know a handful of guildies are really excited about this. First and foremost, they have officially set a release date! WoW Classic will be released August 27th! (if you want to read more about the schedule for release and beta testing check out this post). Now, if you really want to guarantee that you get your character just the way you want 'em (name included) they are planning to open character creation PRIOR to the actual release date. So starting  August 13th you can create your character (up to three) and reserve your name.  To read more and see the blue post click here. One last thing I can't help but say about wow classic...I am not the kind of person who really plans on playing Classic a lot because I really enjoy my QoL improvements...and I have been getting a giant kick out of the ever growing "Not a Bug List" as people test Classic. If you want to giggle along with me, be sure to check it out

One last bit of news from the past few weeks and that is the upcoming 15th Anniversary! There is a special Collector's Edition celebrating the anniversary, which comes with all kinds of goodies (including a Ragnaros statue and in-game mounts).  To see more and look at pretty pictures head this way. There is more than that coming with the anniversary celebration, so if you want to, be sure and read about ALL the details

Lastly, it is my unfortunate duty to inform you that our "deaths caused by pets" counter has gone up. There are now 7 individual player deaths caused by pets, and 3 raid wipes. Both of which were caused by Rho's cat Everest trying to insert himself into Rho's headset during raid. 

Okay, so that was a lot...sorry about that...let's check out guild related stuff as we continue ONWARD!

Rho Clan Absence & Funtime Requests

The Rho Clan will be out of commission June 13-19th as we are out of town for my Grandmother's celebration of life. Therefor there will not be any official guild raids of current content. However, that does give us the opportunity to perhaps do some funtimes events. If you have something fun you want to do (and would be willing to set-up/lead) please let me know and we can get the event added to the calendar. Whether it is achievement, mog you name it let's get together and have some fun. 

Guildie of the Week

Treran

Treran was nominated for his dedication to the raid team. More than half of the raids Treran gets to come to have him dashing home after work and logging in. We appreciate your willingness to always help us down bosses and have a good time. 

To submit a nomination, send an in-game or website mail to Rhodaria. Be sure to specify who the guildie is you are nominating and why you are nominating them. To view the gallery of past winners go to our Guildie of the Week Page.

Guess your Guildmate

How could none of you remember that it was Whithers who said, "Pain is just stupid leaving your body!" I am ashamed of you all. Let's try this new one...

"So why have Genn Graymane and Cyrus been having a staring contest for six months?"

Submit your guesses on the website, facebook, discord or an in-game mail to Rhodaria for a chance to win even more gold. 

To submit a guess for GYG you can comment on this newsletter on the website or on facebook or send Rhodaria an in-game mail. To view previous weeks' challenges view the forum post. 

Request for People: Herald of the Titans

Short Version: We are looking for more people who are willing to help the guild get this achievement. Specifically classes that can do either dps or healing. 

Long Version: So, the group of people who had previously set out to get this achievement gave this a shot last weekend only to be painfully hit upside the head with BfA changes making this achievement more difficult to obtain with only a 10 man group. Because they changed it so you can do this as a flex group (10-30 people) and because of the increased damage to tanks, groups that are larger in number (specifically with more healers) has been more successful.

What would you need to do?: Level a toon to 80, then turn off experience gains. We will then help you get geared up and ready to do the achievement. If you are interested please let Rho know and let her know what class/spec you are planning/hoping to do.

Guild Bank

A reminder that while loads of different mats are still useful, what we are hurting on and in need of the most is: Boralus Blood Sausage, or feasts, really any feasts or mats for feasts, herbs other than anchor weed, &  Veiled Crystals. Bonus points towards the monthly Mat Battle will be given for supplying these items. 

Don't forget these donations should be sent to Oddbee!

Whelp, by popular request we got a guild lock out past conclave. It was such a blast to get to work on a new boss. We made good progress as well, getting to phase 3 on night one.

I have posted raids for the month of June. Keep in mind that we have swapped some days and what we are running around. The plan moving forward for June is to do Crucible of Storms on Tuesdays, and spend Thursday and Saturday on progression of Dazar'alor on Heroic. Lastly, Sunday will be reserved for either progression (if sat went well and we think it would be producctive and fun to have another night of heroic progression OR a mythic+ night to help people with gear and relax.

Every raid should be on the calendar with a description of what we are doing that night. Be sure to sign up so Rho doesn't have to wrangle people for sign-ups each night.

Reminders

~Darkmoon Faire XP/Rep/Prof while it is here~

~Seize the day, level a Herald toon~

~Walk in time with guildies and get fun rewards~

Jump to: